The heat transfer vinyl sheet works by using the thermal transfer process to transfer the pattern on top of the object to be stamped, which is resistant to high temperatures, and not easy to fade, without deformation or degumming. In addition to the advantages of the characteristics, the product is also very convenient to operate, not only easy to engrave but also easy to discharge.
Ⅰ. Composition of heat transfer vinyl sheets
1. Base layer: the carrier of the release layer, printing layer, and adhesive layer – heat transfer base film, which includes pet film, opp film, PVC film, etc., and the corresponding base film needs to be selected according to the needs of specific products, otherwise it will affect the quality of thermal transfer products.
2. Release layer: It is a layer of release agent coating, which maintains a solid state at room temperature and can be melted at a certain temperature, and the bonding force with the base layer becomes smaller and can be detached from the base film quickly, without sticky residue.
3. Printing layer: This layer is the root of the aesthetics of the thermal transfer product pattern. The key lies in the selection and matching of the thermal transfer ink. After the thermal transfer process is completed, only the printing layer is left attached to the surface of the thermal transfer product, so the choice of printing layer material is particularly important, a little carelessness will affect the quality of thermal transfer products.
4. Adhesive layer: its actual composition is a kind of hot melt adhesive. According to different substrates, choose the corresponding thermal transfer glue.
Ⅱ. Four major steps to solve the hot stamping defects of heat transfer vinyl sheets
1. Keep the machine clean: Keep the important parts of the machine clean, free from oil and dust; keep the heat transfer vinyl sheet clean, free from fingerprints and dust; keep the printed product clean, free from dust and oil; and keep the hands of the processor clean, no oil, no sweat.
2. Hot stamping temperature: The hot stamping temperature has a significant impact on the quality of heat transfer products. If the hot stamping temperature is too high, the substrate may be damaged, and if the hot stamping temperature is too low, the normal transfer may not be achieved. The hot stamping temperature should be determined by factors such as the substrate, flower film, and heat transfer machine. Different materials have different hot stamping temperatures.
3. Hot stamping pressure: The hot stamping pressure must be adjusted to the most appropriate level, otherwise it will easily damage the rubber head and the object to be scalded, and if it is too small, it will affect the hot stamping effect. After adjusting to the best hot stamping pressure, the pressure should be adjusted and locked to avoid changes in mass production.
4. Hot stamping speed: The hot stamping time (speed) should be determined according to the specific hot stamping object. In the case of ensuring the hot stamping effect, the faster the speed the higher the production efficiency, but some products must adopt slow-speed stamping due to some special conditions.